Is your Gastroenterologist practice looking to gain more insight into the inner workings of your patient’s gastrointestinal (GI) genomic health? If so, then your practice should consider using targeted Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) GI test.
Targeted NGS testing is an innovative and customizable medical tool that is increasingly being performed in fields ranging from primary care to oncology. It offers significant advantages over existing diagnostic options when providing genetic information about the GI tract and related organs like the liver. Read on to learn more about everything you need to know about targeted NGS tests.
A targeted NGS test is a type of genetic testing that uses sequencing technology to analyze specific genes or regions within an individual’s DNA. This process helps physicians and healthcare providers identify potential genetic abnormalities, such as variants, mutations, and deletions, which can be associated with GI-related diseases and cancers.
- Targeted NGS testing is most often recommended for patients who have a history of familial GI-related conditions or if they are experiencing symptoms that may be related to such a condition.
- The test is also used on patients who previously had negative results from existing standardized diagnostic tests but still show signs and symptoms that point to potential genetic abnormalities related to the GI tract.
- Individuals with a family history of certain GI conditions.
The targeted NGS test is a simple and painless procedure. First, the patient will provide a sample of their blood, tissue, or saliva to be tested. The sample is then sent to Tesis Biosciences where it undergoes the sequencing process, which looks for specific genetic markers associated with GI-related diseases. Once the results are obtained, they can be used to determine the patient’s risk of developing certain conditions and help inform customize therapy treatments.
Targeted NGS testing has a range of advantages for GI patients, such as;
- Provides medical professionals with essential genetic information that may have previously been inaccessible.
- Offers improved accuracy and results for faster diagnosis or exclusion of potential conditions, allowing for more effective treatments to be implemented sooner.
- Gives your patient peace of mind, as they will be better informed about their condition and the potential risks involved.
Gastroenterologist and other healthcare providers can begin the process by discussing your options with a professional from Tesis Biosciences. We will be able to provide more information on the procedure and discuss any potential risks or benefits associated with it.
As a physician you may order the customizable GI genetic test for your patient through Tesis. Once the targeted NGS test results have been obtained, they will be provided to you and your patient with a detail analysis of the results.
Targeted NGS testing is a powerful tool that can help guide clinicians to the best treatment for their GI patients. This type of testing can provide insights into a patient’s condition that may not be possible with other types of tests. If you are a Gastroenterologist or GI clinician, consider ordering a targeted NGS test for your patients who may benefit from it. At Tesis Biosciences, we provide physicians, physician groups, hospitals, and reference laboratories with high-quality, specialized genomic testing services. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you offer this important type of testing to your patients.